Acer is set to unleash its high-end gaming rig to the U.S. in the form of the Acer Aspire Predator. Just one look at the machine and you know this bad-boy is screaming fast. I mean, it’s got orange paint for crying out loud! The case’s optical drives and front ports are hidden behind a front cover that swings over the top of the case (thanks to four hinges) — kinda like a hockey mask. It’s so over the top, but damn, it’s sweet looking. Specs and video after the jump.
Again, the Acer Aspire Predator is built to do one thing…to play games. As such, the Predator can be equipped with an overclockable Intel Core 2 Quad Processor, 3-way SLI NVIDIA GeForce 9800GTX, 8GB of DDR2 1066 MHz RAM, 1 TB of hard drive space (RAID 0, 1, 5, or 1+0), and of course, Windows Vista Ultimate. To keep things cool, this beast is liquid cooled. Starting price for the Acer Aspire Predator is set at $1,649 USD. Expect to pay more depending on your desired configuration.
Full specs and options include:
* Windows Vista Ultimate/Home Premium
* Intel Core 2 Extreme Processor (up to 1333 MHz FSB) or Intel Core 2 Quad (overclockable)
* NVIDIA nForce 780i SLI chipset
* 3 PCI Express 2.0 16x slots
* 1 PCI Express 1.0 8x slot
* 2 PCI Express 2.0 1x slots
* 3 NVIDIA GeForce 9800GTX, 2 NVIDIA GeForce 9800GTX, or 2 NVIDIA GeForce 8800GT
* Up to 8 GB DDR2 800/1066 MHz SDRAM
* Up to 1 TB SATA hard drive (RAID 0, 1, 5, 1+0 capable)
* BD + SuperMulti burner or BD/HD DVD reader + SuperMulti burner or SuperMulti burner
* 12-in-1 card reader
* USB 2.0 and IEEE
* Optional TV tuner
* Full HD Audio 7.1 channel support (Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Pro Logic II, EAX 4.0 etc)
* Gigabit Ethernet (dual LAN support)
* 802.11b/g Wi-Fi
* liquid cooling
Acer is also releasing the G24 monitor to go along with the Predator. For $399, the LCD monitor sports a 1,920 x 1,200 resolution, 2ms GTG response time, 160-degree viewing angle, and 50,000:1 contrast ratio.
Via: PC Magazine