Do you find typing on your Smartphone or PDA (do these still exist?) a pain in the butt? Check out the Bluetooth Laser Virtual Keyboard manufactured by i-Tech. Basically, the Bluetooth Laser Virtual Keyboard projects a full-sized virtual QWERTY keyboard on any flat surface, allowing you to tap the ‘virtual keys’ as if you were using a real physical keyboard. For feedback, a clicking sound is emitted from the device with each virtual key stroke. Video after the jump.
The Bluetooth Laser Virtual Keyboard is about the size of a credit card and is available through Amazon for a rather steep $149.99 USD. You can connect the device to your cell phone, smartphone, PDA, or computer. The keyboard is said to have a pretty fast response rate (400 keys per minute), comparable to a real keyboard. However, I don’t recommend using it during office meetings because of the clicking sounds. It’s just way too loud.
* Bluetooth specification v1.1 class 2 Supports BT HID and SPP profiles
* Connects to PDAs Smartphones and Computers using Bluetooth
* Projects a full size keyboard onto any flat surface
* Allows the convenience of regular keyboard typing in a tiny form factor
* Tiny size only 3.5 inches high
* Compatible with PalmOS 5, PocketPC 2003, Windows Smartphone, Symbian OS, and Windows 2000/XP. Limited Mac OSX Support.
* Detection rate of up to 400 characters per minute
* Battery capacity: up to 120 minutes continuous typing
* Full size wire-free QWERTY keyboard projection at the touch of a button