Remember Sony’s ultra-thin and curvy OLED panel earlier this month? Well, guess what? Samsung has a similar thin OLED in the works called the “Flapping display.” Showcased at this year’s FPD (Flat Panel Displays) International Exhibition, Samsung boasts that the 4-inch, 0.05mm thick OLED panel has a resolution of 480 x 272 pixels, contrast ratio of 100,000:1, and a luminance rating of 200cd/m2. Samsung also states that the Flapping display is capable of reproducing color 100% within the NTSC standard. Appearance wise, the display looks like a piece of laminated plastic.
Got a Gadget Tip?
I want to know about it! Drop me a line and let me know!
- Arctic Force Snowball Blaster and Crossbow
- Minimum Wage Machine
- Super Nintendo soap cartridges
- Panasonic MC-HS700G – a USB charging vacuum
- Amazing helicopter pilot harvesting Christmas trees
- Voxan Wattman – 200 horsepower electric motorcycle
- iTap Charger
- Ghost Urn
- Kaneda’s bike from “Akira” in Lego form
- MK1 Transforming Mini Coffee Table