Remember Sony’s ultra-thin and curvy OLED panel earlier this month? Well, guess what? Samsung has a similar thin OLED in the works called the “Flapping display.” Showcased at this year’s FPD (Flat Panel Displays) International Exhibition, Samsung boasts that the 4-inch, 0.05mm thick OLED panel has a resolution of 480 x 272 pixels, contrast ratio of 100,000:1, and a luminance rating of 200cd/m2. Samsung also states that the Flapping display is capable of reproducing color 100% within the NTSC standard. Appearance wise, the display looks like a piece of laminated plastic.
Got a Gadget Tip?
I want to know about it! Drop me a line and let me know!
- Cookie Perfection Machine
- The Museum of Simulation Technology – a first person puzzle game using forced perspective
- Motorcycle Chopstick Painting
- RydeSafe Reflective Decals – turn your Nerf gun into a Death Ray
- Mountain Dew flavored Cheetos
- A Visual Compendium of Cameras – Top 100 ‘landmark’ cameras
- Christmas Tinner – reviewed!
- The illume – a bicycle with integrated lights
- Ninja Shuriken Magnets
- Lil’ Guardian Pyro