Ever wondered what the “focal point” of your site was? The Feng-GUI Heatmap generator is an awesome web-based tool that gives you an idea of where the eyes of a typical visitor tend to focus on. Essentially, it tells you where the “hotspots” are on your website. The Feng-GUI doesn’t use click-based heatmaps or eye-tracking methods (obviously), instead it uses a unique algorithm to determine your site’s hotspots. Simply visit Feng-GUI and enter your site’s URL into the text box and click the “HeatMap” button. Alternatively, if you don’t own a website, you can upload a photo to generate a heatmap for it. You can then download a screenshot of the output. Black indicates an area that is ignored, followed by blue, green, and then red. Red spots mean that it is a heavily looked at (focused) area.
Got a Gadget Tip?
I want to know about it! Drop me a line and let me know!
- Cookie Perfection Machine
- The Museum of Simulation Technology – a first person puzzle game using forced perspective
- Motorcycle Chopstick Painting
- RydeSafe Reflective Decals – turn your Nerf gun into a Death Ray
- Mountain Dew flavored Cheetos
- A Visual Compendium of Cameras – Top 100 ‘landmark’ cameras
- Christmas Tinner – reviewed!
- The illume – a bicycle with integrated lights
- Ninja Shuriken Magnets
- Lil’ Guardian Pyro