The Motoman SDA10 (aka the Okonomiyaki Robot), created by Osaka-based robot makers Toyo Riki Company, is capable of receiving verbal orders to make traditional Japanese flour-based pancakes, called Okonomiyaki. Showcased at the International Food Machinery and Technology Exhibition in Tokyo, the robot measures 4.5 feet tall and weighs about 480 pounds. The Motoman SDA10 sports 15 motorized joints giving its two arms/hands the dexterity it needs to pour the batter onto a grill and flip the pancakes with a spatula. Watch the videos to see the Motoman in action.
Got a Gadget Tip?
I want to know about it! Drop me a line and let me know!
- VAM Alarm Bracelet – wakes you up silently
- Arctic Force Snowball Blaster and Crossbow
- Minimum Wage Machine
- Super Nintendo soap cartridges
- Panasonic MC-HS700G – a USB charging vacuum
- Amazing helicopter pilot harvesting Christmas trees
- Voxan Wattman – 200 horsepower electric motorcycle
- iTap Charger
- Ghost Urn
- Kaneda’s bike from “Akira” in Lego form